The Perth & Districts Multiple Birth Association (Inc) was formed in May 1974 as the “Twins Plus Club of WA” by a group of mothers who felt the need for the companionship and sharing of experiences with other parents of multiple birth children. We are a not-for-profit organisation run by a committee of volunteer parents of multiple birth children. We have grown into an Association of over 500 families in 2017/2018 and provide advice, education and support services to multiple birth parents.
- To create friendship among members and their families;
- To provide a means of communication for sharing information on the care and raising of families containing multiple birth children;
- To provide social meetings and functions for members and their children;
- To be a non-profit and non-sectarian organisation, and
- To cooperate with other organisations having related interests including childcare, development and related research.
We are registered with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) meaning that all cash donations to the Association over $2 are tax deductible. We are a volunteer-run organisation that does not receive any government funding. Donations assist us to continue to offer information, education and support services to multiple birth families in WA. Pleases visit our donate page if you would like to contribute, otherwise we have some great fundraising.
- Social events such as our Christmas and Easter picnics and new parent morning teas;
- Workshops for expectant parents, breastfeeding multiples and multiples in school;
- Coffee groups for parents to share with others who really ‘get it’;
- A well stocked library on multiples and equipment to hire;
- Hospital visits for expectant or new mums;
- Monthly Club News e-newsletter – Committee news, upcoming events, fundraising;
- Quarterly Multiple Productions newsletter – informative and fun;
- Closed Facebook Group for support and advice;
- Closed Facebook Group for Selling / Buying second hand baby items;
- Specialised contacts for premature birth, special need, and bereavement.
Visit our services page for a full detailed list.
The multiples experience can be challenging but with all the extra giggles and cuddles it is also a very rewarding journey.
Grab a cuppa and take a look around our site to see how we can support you and how you can get involved.
Many Hands Make Light Work
As parents of multiples (and more) the committee welcomes all offers of help – large and small – from members. We have a range of ways that you can contribute, including:
- Offering assistance at Events and workshops
- Leading a coffee group
- Contributing a story to the newsletter
- Participating in a parent panel at one of our events
- Hospital visiting
- Writing a book review for our library
- Taking on a committee role
Visit our volunteering page for more details.
If you have an area of expertise, skill or some valuable spare time that you would like to share with us, please contact us.